Getting Your School Off The Ground – Managing Students
You’ve taken care of the admin stuff, but now it’s time to get those warm bodies into your classrooms.
Below we’re going to look at how to register students to your school and get them set up for classes.
Adding a Student
Here’s how you add a student to your school:
- Use the sidebar navigation then navigate to School, then Students
- Make sure you’ve selected the Students tab from the top navigation, then click Add Student
- Enter the name and optionally the email address of the student
- Check the box next to “Send Login Instructions by Email* to send your student access instructions to enroll in your school
- Once you’re happy with the selection, click “Add Student*
Assigning Students to Classes
There are two ways that you can assign students to classes.
The first is by enrolling them in the class directly.
Here’s how you do it:
- Navigate to the class you would like to add students to
- Click Enroll Students under Tools
- Select the students from the available list or search for them by name
- Click New Student if you would like to add a new student
- To review your selection, click Review Checkout
- Once you’re happy with all the details, click Complete Checkout And Enroll
You also can enroll a student with Quick Enroll. This tool allows you to search for existing classes and students and enroll them instantly. You can also enroll multiple students in multiple courses simultaneously.
You can read more about Quick Enroll here.
Here’s you take attendance of a class:
* Navigate to the class you would like to take attendance
- Click on Take Attendance under the Roster tab
- Select the date you want to check attendance for
- Click Search
After you’ve found and selected the date you would like to take attendance for, check the box under “Present” if a student is in the class, or leave the box unchecked if they’re absent.
You can read more about managing class attendance here.
Still stuck? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to help.