Managing Staff Roles and Access Levels
a.school allows you to define the exact role of each member of staff, as well as the level of access of that role.
Creating Roles and Assigning Access Levels
Here’s how to create new roles and assign access levels:
- Using the sidebar navigation, head to School then Users
- Click Roles from the top navigation
- Select Add Role
- Assign the role a name, then select the capabilities you would like the role to have by checking the appropriate boxes from the list
- Once you’re happy with your selection, click Add Role
You can view and manage all existing roles on the Roles page.
To view, edit, or remove a role, simply hover over a role and click on the More Options button to the right.
Only the administrator role is constant and unable to be edited.
Managing Staff Roles
Once you’ve defined your roles and access levels you can assign them to your staff. There are two ways that you can assign a staff member a role.
Here’s how you assign a role:
- From the side navigation, head to School, then Users
- Click Staff from the top navigation
- Select a staff member
- Click Edit
- Choose a role from the dropdown menu
- Click Update Staff
Still stuck? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to help.