How Does The Calendar Work?
Planning ahead is crucially important when running a school and arranging classes. The calendar is a feature designed to help you organize, plan, and implement your schedule well ahead of time.
Both private and public calendars can be created either for personal or public use respectively.
Whenever a class is created, a corresponding calendar is automatically created for that specific class. Students attending the class as well as guardians, instructors, and other staff with the necessary permissions will then be able to view upcoming events and interact with that class’s calendar.
You can access the calendar by opening the side navigation and then clicking Calendar.
Once on the calendar page, you can sort through upcoming or previous months by using the arrows directly above and to the left of the calendar.
You can also view your calendar in a monthly, weekly, or daily format by clicking the corresponding buttons directly above and to the right of the calendar.
Staff or school users with the required access have the option to create one or more calendars.
Here’s how you create a new calendar:
- From the calendar page, click on Select Calendar, then New Calendar.
- Decide on a name, determine who has access and can view the calendar, and add a description.
- Once you’re happy with the information, click Add Calendar.
- From the Select Calendar list, you can decide which calendars you would like to be shown on the main calendar display. Simply check the box of the calendars you want to see and they will be displayed accordingly.
Here’s how you add an event to the calendar:
- Head to the calendar, then click Add Event.
- Select the calendar you would like to use, the date you would like the event to take place on, the time, and how often you would like it to occur, and then write a description.
- Once you’re happy with the information, click Add Event and it will now appear in the calendar.
You can export events on your calendar to be used with third-party calendar apps such as Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook. Here’s how:
- From the calendar, select the event in question
- On the pop-up, click *Download .ics file
You can also subscribe to your calendar from third-party apps, including Apple Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Calendar.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Filter Calendars dropdown menu
- Select Subscribe
- Copy the link and open it in your preferred calendar
- Once you’ve copied the link, all of your a.school events and appointments will be displayed there
Still stuck? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to help.